We have offered traditional Ashtanga Vinyasa classes in the lush environment of Koh Phangan in the south of Thailand since 2001, the first Mysore-style program in Thailand. We teach proper Mysore-style classes as we learned directly from our teacher, the late Sri K. Pattabhi Jois.
* Late June – early August 2015 : Mountain View, California ( info here)
* December 2015 through February 20, 2016 : Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
* March through mid-May 2016 : Koh Phangan, Thailand Our class in Thailand was recently listed as one of ‘the best yoga spots in the world’ click here for more info + photos
The seasonal program on Koh Phangan was started by Kirsten Berg and Rolf Naujokat in 2001, the first ashtanga classes in the south of Thailand. Mitchell Gold joined Kirsten and the Ashtanga Yoga Koh Phangan program in 2006.
All levels of practice are welcome.
– One month : 9000 Baht
– 2 weeks (10x class) : 5000 Baht
– 1 week (5x) : 2700 Baht
– Drop-in : 550 Baht
– Beginners Intro (3 x classes, must be paid on the first day) : 1800 Baht
For more information, contact us:
Other times of year : We also teach in Bali and the USA at other times of year. Our colleague Dave Ridgway (firstname.lastname@example.org) teaches on Koh Phangan in July/August and Dec/Jan period. We have occasional short-term guest teachers as well.
DECEMBER 2014/JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2015 in UBUD, BALI
We taught annually in Bali since 1999 and are pleased to resume our seasonal classes there after missing a few summers (2010/2011) to create large-scale art installations for Burning Man.
We teach in a beautiful wooden space in close to central Ubud. Prices are as follows:
– One week (5 classes)= 60 Euros/ 900,000 mil rupiah
– Two weeks (10x)= 105 Eu/1.6 mil rp.
– One month= 195 EU/3 mil rp
We welcome all levels of practice; those new to Mysore-style practice are required to commit to three consecutive classes.
Please let us know if you would like to join the class, as spaces are limited.