We are pleased to offer traditional Ashtanga Vinyasa classes in the lush environment of Koh Phangan in the south of Thailand. We teach proper Mysore-style classes as we learned from our teacher, the late Sri K. Pattabhi Jois.
Kirsten and Mitchell’s Schedule:
* October 2014: Kirsten and Mitchell will be teaching in Philadelphia PA, Charlotte NC and Yellow Springs OH (TBC) for the month of October. Email us for further details.
* December 2014/January 2015: Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
* Late-February through May 2015 : Koh Phangan, Thailand
Our class in Thailand was recently listed as one of ‘the best yoga spots in the world’ click here for more info + photos
The seasonal program on Koh Phangan was started by Kirsten Berg and Rolf Naujokat in 2001, the first ashtanga classes in the south of Thailand. Kirsten and her partner Mitchell Gold have been running the program since 2005.
All levels of practice are welcome; those new to Mysore-style practice are required to commit to three consecutive classes and must start on a Monday or Tuesday.
Other times of year : We also teach in Bali and the USA at other times of year. Our colleague Dave Ridgway (firstname.lastname@example.org) teaches July/August and Dec/Jan period. We have short-term and occasional guest teachers as well.
DECEMBER 2014/JANUARY 2015 in UBUD, BALI
We taught annually in Bali since 1999 and are pleased to resume our seasonal classes there after missing a few summers (2010/2011) to create large-scale art installations for Burning Man.
We teach in a beautiful wooden space in close to central Ubud. Prices are as follows:
- One week (5 classes)= 55 Euros/ 900,000 mil rupiah
- Two weeks (10x)= 100 Eu/1.6 mil rp.
- One month= 190 EU/3 mil rp
We welcome all levels of practice; those new to Mysore-style practice are required to commit to three consecutive classes.
Please let us know if you would like to join the class, as spaces are limited.